Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yes, I'm still here...

Given my perhaps-noticeable absence from pontificating frequently over the blogging biosphere this past week, you may have been wondering where in the world I was. I was in Gunnison, Colorado with my Dad catching up on some overdue water quality sampling, otherwise known as fly fishing (see photo below to see for yourself). Now that I'm back I am working on a MAJOR grant that will be submitted to the USDA as part of the Specialty Crops Research Initiative by August 14.

It was ironic, however, when I was checking my email upon my return that my friend Richard Scruggs who is Director of the Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship at TAMU, had an article in his latest newsletter that examined the parallels between fly fishing and business management. Click here if you're interested in his comments.

No comments:

 
Blogged.com